Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
One more question

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

One more question

Dr. I  just had the question about the pink area on the roof of my mouth. In the biopsy report the diagnosis was papillary hyperplasia.  And in the comments it said possibly caused by chronic trauma and that hpv might also be a factor. Clinical correlation and follow up recommended. Does that mean i wasn't diagnosed with hpv since it wasn't in the diagnosis? Why would it say hpv might be a factor? In your opinion does this sound like something that could be pre cancerous eventually?
You were not diagnosed with HPV according to the information you provided in this forum.  Neither pathology reports suggested anything that may be "pre cancerous."  I cannot comment on why the report stated "hpv may be a factor" since I did not see the lesion before it was biopsied.  If you are still concerned that you may have contracted HPV you should speak with an infectious disease specialist who can test your blood.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.