Swollen Gums after wisdom tooth extraction
I had 3 wisdom teeth removed all impacted, the top ones have not bothered me a bit, but the bottom one has.  My gums in the back are extremely inflamed, and painful. It has been 2 ½ weeks since they were removed.  Is the swelling of the gums normal, or a sign of infection?
It is uncommon to have inflammation two weeks following the removal of wisdom teeth.  You need to promptly advise and follow-up with the surgeon who performed the procedure.

You may have an infection.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.