Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Throbbing and painful swelling of my gums
About This Forum:

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Throbbing and painful swelling of my gums

I have looked every where for an answer to my question and I cannot find one. I have swelling in my gums around my upper right lateral. I used a mirror to see what it looks like and to my suprise it is white istead of red. The swelling is spreading to my gums around my right front tooth. I'm trying not to touch it and irritate it further, but it has gotten so swollen that my bottom teeth hit it when I close my mouth. This has become a common occurance over the years but I don't remember it hurting this badly before. I do grind my teeth at night and occasionally wear a mouth guard when I sleep but haven't worn it for a while. Do you think this has anything to do with my swollen WHITE gums or can it be something more serious? Please help me to find an answer to my problem!