Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Tooth and Gum Pain

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Tooth and Gum Pain
I have been having a lot of pain in one of my front teeth (top). I have had a root canal, crown, deep cleaning and an "apio" done on that tooth. The tooth is so sensitive just to touch or when I brush. I can't even bite into something soft. Also, the pain radiates to the area between the gum and my nose.  My dentist has suggested removing the tooth and putting an implant in. Would anyone have an idea, especially after all the work performed on that tooth, what might be causing the pain?

Thank you.
An infection is the most likely cause then a fracture.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
Thank you for your reply. I will be seeing my dentist early next week for something unrelated to my described problem. I will bring both your suggestions to his attention.