Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Will my gum tissue close up over the extraction site if clot falls out?...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Will my gum tissue close up over the extraction site if clot falls out?

I asked this question is the dentist health forum but then I found this one. I figured this would be the more proper place and I thought it wouldn't hurt to get more insight.
My clot keeps falling out and I'm wondering if the gum tissue can still cover the hole without a clot. The clot is tan colored with some red in it and conitnues to fall out. I must be producing more clots because this occurs everyday. I am gentle when rinsing and brushing, and I don't know why it keeps falling out. I clinch my teeth at night and I think I must create a vacuum while I sleep so I can not do anything about that. I already got treated for dry socket. I don't smoke, use straws, rinse vigorously, poke, or spit. Actually I have been crazy careful. I don't think it is food because I rinse after eating and sometimes I can't see any at night, but it will be there in the morning. Also, one was annoying me so I went to the bathroom and saw that it was out of the extraction site. So I gently rinsed and it came out as I let the water drip out of my mouth. It was quite hard sort of like a very dense foam or something.

Thanks ahead of time.