Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
bumps

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

bumps

HI i was a little worried about some bumps. it started with a bump on the top of my mouth closer to my throut and it had a white dot almost like a pimple and then i have been getting alot more of them like on the side of my tongue near the back and it looks like there is some in my thought and it seems like it bothering me when i swallow almost like its swollen
Any lesion that persists in the mouth for more than 2 weeks or is accompanied by pain or difficulty eating needs to be evaluated by an Oral Surgeon.

In many cases the surgeon can determine the cause and may suggest a particular treatment or biopsy.  The number of possible causes are so numerous that text books are devoted to oral lesions and a diagnosis cannot be made by this forum.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.