Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
ct of sinuses with fusion

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

ct of sinuses with fusion

I noticed on my appointment for Monday that I am having a CT with fusion protocol done on my sinuses.  Is this a CT with contrast, or is it a bit different?  What would be the reason for this protocol?  She also placed me in a preop stage which I thought was unusual as she acted as if nothing looked "weird" upon scoping me Wednesday.  ( I am the one with the possible lump in mouth and sinus issues)  Just wanted to know what to expect from the scan on Monday.  I would call and ask her tomorrow, but the office is closed on Friday.  I will just be glad when this is over(-:
CT with fusion is a radiological technique used to enhance the images.  It does not imply the use of a contrast agent.  I'm not a radiologist but I believe it has to do with overlaying the images in a particular manner and the use of specialized software.

The procedure itself should not be different from your point of view.

It is the responsibility of your doctor to "rule out the worst possibility" even if they believe your problem is benign or inflammatory.  From what you have written, it appears as though they are doing just that!

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
sounds good.