Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
dental

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

dental

I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 10 years ago and , the bottom right one has kept swelling up and hurting over the years and the other day I felt a little somthing sticking out of it and pulled it out with tweezers and now there is a huge hole there and it hurts like the day it was pulled ! What could this be ? And what should I do ? I still feel like somthing is in there but I am afraid to poke around .
You should go see a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon as soon as possible.  Expect that a radiograph will be taken.

You definitely should refrain from "poking" or doing anything with the area.  You may introduce bacteria into the deep tissues of the jaw worsening your condition.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
What could it be ?
I do not have Insurance so that is out for now , so what more could I try ?