Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
new symtom

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

new symtom

I just posted on the 6th about a lump on palate and nose.  Your response was very helpful and reassuraing.  Now I am a bit more worried as I have noticed a small red patch resembling blood vessels on the lump.  I also have a bit of dull pain.  I know that the ENT visit will be the only way to get a sure diagnosis, but the red patch madw me think that maybe this is more than sinus related.  My right ear hurts a tad as well.  No ear infection asI went to my GP last week.  Is Karpsi's Srcoma possible ina healthy 39 year old woman, or maybe could the patch just be due to an underlying infection. You may refer back to my previous post for te history again.  Sorry to keep bugging you.  CHeryl
The sarcoma you mentioned is not likely in a healthy person.  It is associated with the HIV virus and AID's.

An infection can appear in many different ways.  Redness is one of the hallmarks of infection.

I suggest you call the ENT office first thing in the morning and request an emergency appointment ASAP.  Since infection is one of the possible explanation you may need an antibiotic and sooner is better than later.

If your pain worsens or you have a fever you should seek emergency care.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
I am set to go in  Wednesday morning... that is as soon as they could get me in.  No fever etc, so I think I can wait until then.  I just finished a 5 dy z pac a week ago, so apparently if it is an infection it did not work.  The redness is in patchy form and has a weird texture, almost raw feeling.  
keep us posted

good luck

Dr. Kirsch
went to ent yesterday and she did  not think that  the lump was extraordinarily large.  She ordered a CT because she wanted to look at my sinuses anyway.  She scoped my nose and thought that the right nostril was structurally different due to my past surgery.  I will know more after the CT on Monday, but she thought all should be fine.  I will let everyone know after I get the results.  She always reads her tests ASAP.

Cheryl