pain after root canal
I had a root canal a few months ago. now i have pain above the tooth which radiates to my ear and lower jaw.
I tried antibiotics but the pain is still there. Do you recommend extraction now?
Root canal failure can be as high as 15%.  Generally speaking, several treatment options are available:

1. re-treatment of the root canal
2. root surgery (apicoectomy)
3. extraction

You should speak to your dentist and a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and ask their opinion.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
thank you. Usually with me one thing leads to another and most times it doesnt work. I opted to have the tooth extracted.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.