Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
problem in opening of mouth

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

problem in opening of mouth
i have regularly used "Panmasala" and "Gutkha" over a period of 5 years." pan masala and gutkha are the mixture of lime, tobacco and bettle nuts".  now I have problems related with gums ( as they turn their color pinkish to little white).
and i have problems to open my mouth. they open so little . so what i have to do?
The use of those products have been associated with an increased risk in developing oral cancer.

You should see a dentist or Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for a prompt evaluation and oral cancer screening examination.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.