Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
severe pain 4 days after extraction

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

severe pain 4 days after extraction

I had the last molar on my left side extracted and the tooth next to it filled on wednesday april 30th now I,m in severe pain in my jaw, around the two teeth next to the extraction sight, and up to my ear. It hurts to eat anything. What could this be? I don't think I have ever had this much pain and it's getting worse.
You should immediately call the dentist who did the extraction and filling.  If the extraction was done by an oral surgeon you should call them first.

The pain may be from an infection or dry socket from the extracted tooth or inflammation or infection from the tooth filled.

It would be impossible to determine which one without a better history and perhaps clinical exam and radiograph.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.