Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
tongue pain

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

tongue pain

hi, im 16 male.. almost a year ago i performed oral sex on my girl friend.. the next day i my tongue was sore when i moved it.. over the next few days the pain eased up and soon enough it was gone.. but from then on everytime i makeout or french kiss. my tongue will go back through that process... everytime!!! i looked at my tongue in the mirror and noticed on that long thing thing on the bottom of my tongue(i dont know what its called) thats connected from my tongue to the gum on the bottom of my mouth ... there is a fat red ulsar like thing on the left.. and above is a small white bump. it mainly hurts the whole bottom of my tongue when i move it... and its just really annoying and i have no idea what it could be and how serious it is... please help me out here.
Any lesion that persists in your mouth for more than 2 weeks (even if it appeared to have healed) needs to be promptly evaluated by an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.

There are many possibilities that can explain your symptoms.  Several may be serious and potentially infectious to other people!  In any case, you need to have it check ASAP.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.