Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
tooth # 30 extraction

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

tooth # 30 extraction

I had tooth 30 extracted last week, I had been fighting an infection in that tooth for a year. (took amoxicillin 3 times)
The open socket had a foul odor and taste, so i am taking amoxicillin again. I apears that the base of #31 is visible in the socket.and it does not seem to be healing closed, any suggestions?
It is impossible and inappropriate for me to make any clinical decisions without performing an examine and xray.

My suggestion is for you to call the doctor who removed the tooth.  They should have a good idea of what you should expect with regard to healing.  Your doctor is responsible to you during the post-operative period.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.