Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
what to do regarding treatment after surgery

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

I am a 38 year old and I have many issues and always have when it comes to my teeth. I HAD an overbite and protruding front teeth . At the age af 32 had braces put on and saw a surgeon regarding extending lower jaw. I never had TMJ or any other issues prior . I proceeded with the surgery and the Dr. said my left nerve was attatched and had to remove it from the bone but was sucessful and it was intact. I wake up and new from the beggining I has severe issues. The surgeon was less than helpful and said he didnt want to do Mri or put me on muscle reaxants due to addiction. I lived in his office  basically wanting help and answers. He said he didnt know what to tell me and offered no assistance. I felt all alone. I ended up with 11 root canals after and lost most of my back molars. My teeth have also shifted back and have spaces. I also need other dental work done to other teeth. where do I start. I want to get a partial for my missing back teeth as I think this would help , and get an invisalign retainer to restraighen ,and get the work done on my teeth. What do I do first . does one effect the other.
also can I use a tens machine with 6 scews in my jaw.
any other suggestions for tired from talking, tongue tingling, tmj. to many to mention here.
thank you and looking forward to any help.
Unfortunately, this forum is for general medical advise and what you have described is significantly complex involving multiple dental specialties.

My first thought is that you find a different Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to have an independent evaluation.  They would most likely be the best person to steer you in the right directly and help you get the care you need.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.