Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
wisdom teeth

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

wisdom teeth
i got my wisdom teeth pulled about two months ago but where my lower left one was removed there is a sharp portrution like a piece of tooth was left in the hole and there is some pain to is this something i should be concerned with.
What you have described may be a small piece of bone called a spicule.  It is not uncommon for these to come to the surface of your gums during the healing process.

I suggest you see the surgeon who did the extractions.  They will be able to remove the fragment.  It is generally painless and only takes a couple of seconds.

More rare is a late post-operative infection.  Again, see your surgeon.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
thank you very much for your reply and help i will make an appointment right away