Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Buttocks Injury While Jogging
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Buttocks Injury While Jogging

I am a 63 year old male in good condition.  In February while jogging I started getting pain in my right buttocks.  I have visited several doctors and have had an x-ray and a MRI.  Nothing significant came out of these x-rays which also covered my lower back (which I was told looked very good for someone my age).  The pain tends to move around some but is mostly in the large muscle of the buttocks but also is down at the lower end of the buttocks near the upper hamstring.  An orthopedic doctor thought I had a partial hamstring tear and subsequently had ultasound treatment and physical therapy but this did not seem to help.  I had some pain closer to my hip which the doctor thought might be brusitis.  I had corotsone shots and this did help.  The other pain areas still remain.  Other treatments I have done include acupuncture, message therapy, hamstring exercises and I continue to apply cold packs every day all with minimal help.  It normally feels pretty good at night (not always perfect) but during the day it comes back.  Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.  I sure would like to get back to jogging.
Tags: buttocks