Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Elbow Pain

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Elbow Pain

For a long time my left elbow locks up and it hurts to straighten it . It makes a loud cracking noise too. And recently I have been having pain in my ring finger. It doesn't happen all the time.  What would cause this? Thank You
Possiblilities include a loose body or arthritis,  these can be detected by simple xrays.  The pain in your ring finger could be a result of imflammation of the ulna nerve which travels in the cubital tunnel on the medial side of the elbow.  If the nerve is popping out of the tunnel, sublxating, that may account for the cracking also.
A related discussion, Locking Elbow was started.