Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Ganglion cyst pain treatment.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ganglion cyst pain treatment.

I have had a ganglion cyst for about over 4 months now.  At first it didn't hurt, but then a couple of months ago I have noticed pain around it, and whenever I put pressure on my hand like if I were doing push ups or leaning on something.  I would also have pain in my forearm, like carpal tunnel syndrome, (which i could have since I have that same feeling in my other arm too).  I went to an orthopedic and told him about the pain and everything. He said that to wait for a year and see if it will go away.  What should I do about the pain?  I have noticed that over the counter pain medicine doesn't really work.