Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Hip pain months after stress fractures
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hip pain months after stress fractures

I am in the military and went thru basic training. I got some stress fractures one on my left femoral neck and my ipr. I got on crutches for a week but continued on, in bad pain. Once i got to my ait I got a on crutches for a month and did physical therapy. I was forced to run a long a distance and sprint while on my walk to run program and my right hip flexor began to hurt. Now that I'm home I still have a lot of pain in my groin/hips. I was working out but I would either hurt during the workout and had to stop or would be limping and in tears with pain later on in the day. I stopped working out and let me body rest. I still have pain everyday even thou it's been almost a year since I got the stress fractures.

I recently went on vacation to Disney world and was walking a lot. By the fourth day I needed to rent a wheelchair. It seems like no matter what I do I have pain in my hips. Standing, walking, I dare not try running but I do try the eliptical which is suppose to be no/low impact and it still hurts. I know that I shouldn't be in this much pain for a 23 year old. I went to my civilian doctor and was directed to go to a orthopedic surgeon with new x-rays to rule out any surgery needed. What could possibly wrong that is making me have so much pain still?

Thank you