Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Hip pain

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Hip pain

I had a injury where i slipped and landed on my buttocks. After that time i've had low back pain and hip pain on the left side. Epidural injections have controled the low back pain and now the pain management center has sent me to a orthipedic doctor about the hip. This doctor thinks that its sever arthridis in the left hip that is causing the problem. My question is why did i not have any problems before the accident and since have this severe condition that has gotten worse since April 2008. He says the fall had nothing to do with it?
I have seen asymptomatic arthritis become aggravted after trauma and begin to cause pain.  So while it is true that the fall did not cause the arthritis, it may have contributed to thje onset of painful symptoms.  Either way the treatment will be the same