Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
I'm Still Hurting

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

I'm Still Hurting
I had a total knee replacement in August of 2010 - For the first 8 moonths the knee was numb - as the numbbness wore off, I began to feel pain.  Went back to the surgeon who said the surgery was "perfect" and the pain I am feeling may be due to tendonitis/bursitis/arthritis.  It hurts to walk - almost worse than before the surgery but in a different area.  The surgeon suggested going back on anti-inflammatory meds which I had been on for over 10 years - don't really want to do that because of health risks and Tyenol doesn't help.
iI'm planning to see a rheumotologist soon to see if there is anything that can help me.  I still can't go up and down stairs properly.