Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Injury to my knee

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Injury to my knee
I was forced backwards while kneeling down (legs underneath me). My knee was forced to been to the side while completely bent. I heard a loud pop sounds. The next morning, I was in tremendous pain. My knee hurts to bend at about the half way point. I can't manuever it sideways and it hurts to put pressure on it. I feel sharp pain if I move it the wrong way. The odd thing is is that it doesn't not appear swollen. What type of injury do you think I haave?
This really could be anything.  Could be a sprain of the MCL, a sbuluxated patella, a bone bruise, or even a fracture.  If pain and symptoms persist, you should see an orthopedist for evaluation.