Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
MRI with contrast pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MRI with contrast pain

hello doc. today i had an mri with contrast for a suspected labral tear. the radiologist could not get into the right place in the joint. after 3 syringes of dye/saline, he finally got to the right spot. it has been 7 hrs. since the procedure. i am unable to move my entire arm due to the pain. it is deep and very painful. could the needles have (re)injured any places? they were placed in the front of the arm, supposedly at the joint. i have huge bruises on the site but those will go away. i have been using ice to no avail. do you think this will get worse or better? is this normal to have a radiologist "miss the spot" this often? i was in a ct machine as he was taking pics each time he inserted the needle/dye. thanks for your help.