Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Right side of Left Knee pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Right side of Left Knee pain

The right hand side of my left knee, around the top and slightly to the right  of my knee cap is very pain full when walking, after walking for a minute or so i get very sharp pain every time my knee passe's a certain angle of being bent and when i put my foot down, it is especially bad if walking down a slope so my weight is on my toes and im stoping my self sliding. The weight combined with the bending seems to be the coarse as simply standing is fine and so is siting with my knee bent, if i slowly move my knee from bent to strait and strait to bent i can sometimes feel a dull click as if a tendon moves over a point, swollen?

I first felt the pain after dancing one night, the pain started to go after a couple weeks rest but as soon as i went on a 25 minute walk it returned and hasn't gone since.

Any help would be very appriciated, its is quite depresing to be 28 and unable to go for a long walk.....