Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Sore Painful Wrist
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Sore Painful Wrist
Two months ago my wrist started to become very sore. The pain continued to get worse over the next five days, to the point were I could not work. I used to be an avid weight lifter, as well as the fact that I do restoration construction and demolition for a living. I am 23 years old and my basic life and work routines have not changed. I did see a doctor and was told that I might have tendonitis and was to take a week off and sit around and do nothing and it should get better. It has never gotten better and I have to work to get by, but I try to use my other hand more and I try to not be repetitive with the sore right wrist. I would like to get back into the gym again, but most of all I really want this to be corrected. I was back at my same GP 3 weeks ago and was given the same diagnosis
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
700223_tn?1318169294
Your profile lists you as 53, so combining your age and activity level, this may represent an arthritic problem rather than simply tendonitis.  I recommend evaluation by an orthopedic hand surgeon rather than your GP at this point.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now