Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Swelling 10weeks post op

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Swelling 10weeks post op
I had medial Chondial Cartilage & meniscus tear repair done via microfracture post 10weeks. Doc removed cartilage to bone on bone (medial side) and then performed microfracture....My knee feel great other than a little tightness around front of knee from incisions and the continuous swelling behind the knee (bakers cyst?).  The pain runs down into my knee (same feeling as before surgery). Is this swelling normal at this point post op as o was told I had extensive damage...I'm hoping it's still part of the healing process (I'm very active and don't like to sit still). I take ibuprophen only for the swelling-it's constant...looking for some advice.