Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Swimming boot?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swimming boot?

My ten year old son has an avulsion fracture of the growth plate in the 5th metatarsul(sp?). He has very little pain after the first few day now. He is on day 8 of the injury. He was put into a air cast walking boot for the weeks ahead. The boot is past the calf. Can he wear the short version of these boots. He has no ankle injury.

Also, We are going on vacation and I want to know if there is a brace that can be used in the pool for his foot to be protected. Can he use any of these foot braces that have a hard sole with velcro for support while he's in the pool?