Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Vertebral Hemangioma Question

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Vertebral Hemangioma Question
I'll be seeing an orthopedic specialist Friday, but for now looking for some input.  Here is the condensed version of my MRI Report:

Fat containing benign hemangiomas are seen within the T7, T8, T12, and L2 vertebral bodies, and a probable atypical hemangioma is seen within the posterior aspect of the right side of the T8 vertebral body, extending into the right pedicle.

I'm a 38 year old woman who has been experiencing pain in my mid back for a year.  I'm now having pain in my right hip, knee, foot, numbness in hands and nausea.  For over a year I've had low platelets and white blood cells, but every test done rules out cancer and other diseases/disorders.  

Thanks for any input.  

Brandi