Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Very Painful Boney growth on wrist under thumb

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Hi Dr. Gross,

My husband has had very bad pain in his wrist under the thumb side. Recently he has a hard lump like a round bone there. It is very painful. He delivers papers and throws them out of car window..about 300+ a day. He wears a brace that a PT friend of mine gave him which helps with the pain..only if he wears it though extremly tight. It keeps his wrist straight..has metal in the brace. Nothing seems to help..anti-inflam, ice, heat, etc. He has no health insurance to go to Dr. Any ideas what this could be and what he should do?

Thanx.

Destiny
Sorry, it sounds like he has done all the conservative "over the counter" remedies.  If he is really having that much pain, then I think he needs to see a hand specialist.