Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
What is the treatment for a dislocated tibia?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is the treatment for a dislocated tibia?

Hi my left tibia is somewhat dislocated and causes me pain when I walk and do squats (weight training). When I walk I get pain in the shin (tibia), calf, and Achilles tendon, and when I squat I get pain in my knee and sometimes tibia. I can also feel the top of my tibia moving when I walk sometimes. Please let me know what is the treatment for a dislocated tibia? Is there anything that can be done to get the bone back into its proper place? Thank you.
Related Discussions
700223_tn?1318169294
I not entirely sure what you mean by a "dislocated tibia." Is this your own diagnosis, or have you seen a physician?
3 Comments
Blank
Hi Dr. Gross. I believe my tibia is misaligned because I can feel that the bone has come out and I can feel it move when I walk sometimes. The doctor I went to just thought the bone was bigger, so I am going for a second opinion. My question is if it is misaligned, how can this be treated? Can it be moved back into its proper alignment?
Blank
700223_tn?1318169294
There are operations known as osteotomies, the bone is broken and realigned, that are designed to correct this sort of problem. However, they are major undertakings, and they often have unpredictable results.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank