Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Wrist Pain after Boxing
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wrist Pain after Boxing

About three months ago I hit a heavy bag and "slightly tweaked" my left wrist. I have been boxing for many years and it was just a fluke hit. It didn't hurt until a couple of days later. I rested it for a week and then went back to my usual workout. I was able to hit ok and without pain, but still felt that something wasn't right. A couple of weeks ago I had the wrist x-rayed and there was no break. I have fairly strong pain when I put weight on the wrist eg. using a chair arm to support myself while rising or trying to use a pulldown bar for tricep exercises. The pain is at the end end of the ulna and to the middle of my wrist. I can punch without pain but am worried about further damage. Any one else have the same problem? It's very annoying because it prevents a good workout.