Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
can?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

can?

I had surgery on dec 29 2008 for a patella tendon rapture. To current date: my knees are still swollen, though i see progression in its decrease, I am worried about how long it will take to completely come to normal size. I got out the military in 2006. and I was diagnose with patellafemoral syndrome (PFS) in both knees. Cause of that I am given 50 percent disability. My question is: how soon can I accept recovery (full), if there is such thing with a patella tendon rapture. And what I can I do see progress and see strength within the knees. Part2- I feel my right knee now hurting is that usual especially when I am diagnose with PFS. My right knee shack tremendously when doing leg extentions or going down stairs. And my surgery knee shacks a little bit not as much as the non surgery knee. (right)
What is the problem? Anyone who responds to this, do you think i will need get surgery on the other knee. And last question. Is PFS common in black people and can PFS result in a patella tendon rapture.