Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
cast too tight?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cast too tight?

Hi again! Had an ankle fusion on the 23rd-had a new cast put on on the 29th-now it seems AT TIMES the cast is too tight across the bridge of my foot & kind of freaks me out..How do I know if its something that should be checked out? I live an hour and a half away from my surgeon so I don't want to go there if I dont have to. Thanks,once again Dr.Gross!
Related Discussions
700223_tn?1318169294
A tight cast or on that is rubbing against the skin can cause disastrous problems if it is left unattended.  This sort of problem should always be reported to your surgeon as soon as possible.
3 Comments
Blank
Thanks for your reply. Now, I have had a fibreglass cast for what will be 6 wks. when I go to see my surgeon next week.Is it reasonable to think that my Dr. will put me in an aircast for the rest of my recovery from ankle fusion? This fibreglass cast is getting the better of me! ;-) Thanks again Dr.Gross!
Blank
700223_tn?1318169294
Hopefully, at this point, you will be started in some sort of removable boot.  Good luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank