Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
hip bursitis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hip bursitis

Would inflammation to the bursa sac show up in an MRI or X-ray?  I went to a chiropractor specializing in Active release tecnique He said it was Hip bursits.  Would physical strething and manipulation of the leg help this condition?
Related Discussions
700223_tn?1318169294
It can show up on a MRI, but not necessarily. The diagnosis is usually made clionically. There are various ways to treat it. Oral NSAID's, injected corticosteroids or PRP, physical therapy with stretching, deep tissue massage, and modalities, For chronic case, arthroscopic removal of the bursa can be done.
2 Comments
Blank
If I would do my own stretching and moving of my leg ( as I had done to me by the chiropractor)accompanying with Ibuprofin applying ice (after) and heat before exercise,  do you think that this would be a good way to start?  If this is unaffective I'd go to the doctor and see if I'd be a candidate  for a shot of cortisone.  

BTW  thank you for all your time.

sherry
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank