Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
triple fusion?

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

triple fusion?

I am a 37 year old mother of two.  Several doctors have recommended that I need to have a triple fusion, c4-7.  I have moderate to severe osteoarthritis in my vertebre and facet joints.  I was told that this is my only option and that my neck is already starting to fuse on its own.  I have reverse curvature as well, mild to moderate stenosis right side, spondylosis and degenerative disc disease.  I am in terrible pain and each day it gets worse.  I am terrified to fuse.  I don't want to make the wrong choice but i need to make a decision quick.  Can anybody help/advise me?  I am grateful for any responses!