Orthopedics Community
7 th rib fracture in my left side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

7 th rib fracture in my left side

I have got my left 7 th rib fracture and taken bedrest for 1 months. Now i can walk and doing my daily activities slowly.
1. when i will do my daily excercise?
2. can i have sex...?
    How are you? Normally the healing time for fractured rib is around 6 weeks. This period of healing can be prolonged in case of  use of steroid medications, diabetes, old age, immuno-compromised situations etc.

What is your age? And are you experiencing any breathing difficulty while doing your daily activities? You can do moderate exercises after 2 months or so that too not involving lifting weights, push ups etc.

Take the help of  physiotherapist and follow his advise. You should quit the exercise in case you experience pain and breathing difficulty.
Yes, you can have a normal sexual life after 6 weeks of injury.
Take care.