Orthopedics Community
? Osteonecrosis of femoral head
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

? Osteonecrosis of femoral head

I have had a left metal on metal hip resurfacing nearly 9 years ago and over the past few months have been having groin pain when weight bearing (standing on left hip eg dressing), usually on left hip but sometimes on right hip after walking for more than 10 minutes. Xray revealed translucency under the inferior medial aspect of the femoral head. Surgeon mentioned possibility of osteonecrosis due to pressure on the bone under the prosthesis (I have bilateral hip dysplasia) Should I just accept this and wait for it to breakdown and then have revision surgery of total hip ,or should I have further tests to eliminate possible other causes and spread of this condition?