Orthopedics Community
2 Broken Wrists OUCH !!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

2 Broken Wrists OUCH !!!

Two Broken Wrists! Ouch !!
by Janet02062, 2 minutes ago
On Sept. 6th this year, I tripped and fell over my 2 dogs leashes.  As I lay there, fortunatly able to hit speed dial for my friend to call an ambulance, I thought of how lucky I was that I didn't break my jaw !   After 2 casts and not being able to do much of anything ( 8 lbs. later ) but lay in bed and eat, I am healing slowly because of my age (64) and having my right hand being "set".  I am right-handed (figures) !    It's been almost 3 months and I was told that it takes a very long time to heal---I am having therapy twice a week, but my right wrist is so painful and looks deformed.  Now I have developed Carpal Tunnel and am having surgery on Dec.14th.  I was wondering if this pain could be from maybe the bone was "set" wrong or will it get better after the surgery and I get my feeling back in my fingers (except my baby finger that I can still feel ).  My wrist keeps me awake at night and the pain actually burns !    Thank you in advance. J.

This discussion is related to Scaphoid problem.??.