2 herniated discs plus an extra disc in my tail bone.
Hi, I have 2 bulging discs with no fluid left in the at L 3-4 and L 4-5. Also in my tail bone I gave an extra disc from birth. I have 4 children and I still work. I try to cope with life by taking oxycontin, but now I live in a different country I can't get my meds. I don't sleep at nights and I look after my children during the day. When no one is around I cry in my room. Both countries my surgeons have told me that I am not ready for surgery, but I have lost the quality of life and constant pain. I would not wish any pain even to my enemy. Why aren't I suitable for surgery ?
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation without knowing the relevant clinical details such as the severity of the condition etc. Surgery around the spine is high risk and is only advisable when conservative management fails in moderate cases or in severe cases where conservative management is not believed to be beneficial. Surgery in mild-moderate cases may actually be detrimental. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with an orthopedician or a neurologist. You may also see a pain management specialist for adequate pain control.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!