Orthopedics Community
25 year old with hip pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

25 year old with hip pain

I am a 25 year old woman, I have the pain in the right side of my hip for about 2 weeks now. Now my right ankle hurts too, but that is not too bad...
I have two children. I had the pain before a couple of months ago, I remember when I leaned against the countertop in the kitchen, I had to move away, because that spot hurt so much. but over time the pain went away. Now it came back, in a way that it hurts to stand, walk and even sit. I don't remember injuring myself, or straining a muscle. But the pain is getting unbearable sometimes, I feel old...
I know I should go to my doctor and have it checked out, I wanted to know what to look for..........
Thanks for all replies!
Tags: Pain, hip pain, 25
     How are you? Pain in the hip is the most common complaint these days. It could happen due to arthritis, improper sitting position, trauma, fractures etc. Most commonly it is due to arthritis.
Is pain in the hip radiating to the ankle or there is pain in both ankle and hip? Because if there is radiation of pain from hip to ankle it  could be due to involvement of nerves like sciatica.
I would suggest that you get a x-ray of hip done and visit a orthopaedician. Usually arthritis is treated with rest, ice packs, anti-inflammatories, strengthening exercises etc. If infection present then antibiotics can be used. If inspite of these methods pain does not subside then surgical treatment can be considered.
All the best.