2nd Total Knee Replacement Failing
In May 2009 I had a total left knee replacement. December 2009, left hip replacement.  June 2010 Right hip replacement. In June 2011, my doctor told me the Left knee component had come loose and needed to be replaced. Revision left knee done in December 2011. He said the cement had failed to bond to the bone on tibia and femur. He basically lifted out the prosthesis. He did say that 3 brands of cement are available and he used a different type in the TKR revision surgery. On June 6th, the doctor can see loosening of the left knee again and suspects the right hip prosthesis may be loosening (I have a lot of right leg/hip pain).  Could I be ‘rejecting the cement? If I need a 2nd revision knee replacement are there other options besides cement?
Hi!
No, usually cemented fixations are done. However, in some cases hybrid technique can be tried such as there is no cementation at the femoral component while the tibial and patellar components are cemented. Also, weight alignment and bearing at all joints should be in line with each other. Adequate physiotherapy is needed to achieve this. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I had a TKR in April 2013.  The cementation at the femoral component did not bond.  The cementation at the femoal component did bond.  I am scheduled for a revision.  What would cause a bonding on one component, but not on another component?  Any suggestions for the revision?  Thank you.