2nd acl surgery
To: anyone
i had acl surgery in july of 2008, however it never did seem right. they used a cadavar ligament. i went to another doctor and he discovered that the graft has ruptured and i have to have acl surgery again. do you know if i can get my money back from the orthpaedic center that did my first surgery? or am I just sol?

thanks
you wont be able to get your money back because that is a known risk of the surgery. Also you consented to the surgery and that is one of the risks that is defined on the consent form, although you may not have realized it. I had the same problem, except my graft was an autograft. My graft didnt rupture but stretched out. I also said that it never felt right from the beginning. I did go ahead and have another complete ACL reconstruction, using a cadaver graft the second time. So far, it has been pretty good. Sorry to hear what you are going through. Its not fun