2yr old fractured clavical
I was wondering what the prognosis would be when, or if, I had surgery to fix my bone.  Could surgery be done at this advanced stage?  From what I've read, I would say I have a "mal-union".  I was never given a "figure 8", just a sling and some pain-meds.  However, the doctor was kind enough to tell me that I really could use a figure 8, he just didn't have any; and that while most collar-bones will heal perfectly well on their own, I should probably have surgery.  But, fearing the costs, i didn't.  Now that I'm in a better position, I'm wondering if corrective surgery is still an option for me.  I have a humungous lump for a right collarbone, and the the two end are connected by a what I would call a step, diagonal "bridge".  Thank you in advance.  ps-- the break is little over two years old.
Hi there!

A 2 year old fracture is unlikely to heal on its own and would in most likelihood require a surgery/ interventional measure such as grazing the bone towards the ends to make it raw; with or without bone graft/ biological cell injection etc. You may like to discuss the options with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!