Orthopedics Community
4th metatarsal fracture
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4th metatarsal fracture

Hi,
I have a fracture on the shaft of my 4th metatarsal. The fracture was caused during an accident on the trampoline (though i am not exactly sure how it happened) it is a non-dislocated fracture and i have not stepped on it for a single time for 3 weeks now. First two weeks i was put on a soft cast and now i am only wearing a compression anklet but still non weight bearing walking on crutches. The doctor told me i should gradually start stepping on it and exercising by moving my toes. however it is still quite swollen and i can not dare to step on it - nor do i remember how to!! if anyone has had a similar experience would be happy to hear your recommendations!
Thanks,
ayse