Orthopedics Community
7 Yr. old daughter with knee, hip, and pigeon toe problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hello.  My 7 yr. old daughter has been seeing Orthopedics for three years now because she is pigeon toed.  We finally last year got her involved with Shriner's and they put her in special orthotics, which I do not think they are helping.  Last year when the Shriners Doctor saw her she said based on her X-Rays her bones were the size of a 5yr. old and she was concerned.  She said if Marina did not grow by the time she saw her next year she was sending her to an Endocrinologist and of course she has not grown.  Now she is having to see ortopedic again because of knee pain and she is able to pop her knee in and out of place on her own and it is starting to pop out now when she runs.  Our Orthopedic here in Delta, whom we totally trust, thinks she has something called Congenital ACL Defect, but he admits he does not deal alot with kids so she should still go see Shriner's.  My question is what is this COngenital ACL Defect and what does it mean for her?  Is my baby going to need surgery?  Our Orthopedic has taken her out of all sports and P.E. at school until we see the Shriner's.  She is so upset she can not play BasketBall, Soccer, and T-Ball.  They were playing Hockey at school yesterday in P.E. and she was upset she did not get to do that.  I have searched the internet for info on this but I can not find anything.  Please Help!!!!!!!!!  Thank You and God Bless You