Orthopedics Community
A SMALL LINEAR TEAR IN THE POSTERIOR HORN OF THE LATERAL MENISCI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I met with an accident 2 months ago, had a minor hair line fracture on knee bone and I am walking with knee cap now. I have been suggested to do thigh muscle strengthning exercise now. Today as per MRI scan,  I have a small linear tear in the posterior horn of the lateral menisci which frequently locks my knee while I walk. In this condition, can I continue with thigh muscle strengthning exercise  or do I need to wait for this menisci tear problem get resolved? Does thigh muscle strengthning exersie worsen my mensici tear problem? Please advice.

thanks
sekar
I have the same problem - I had a fracture on my knee cap and four weeks later I now need to get an MRI. Doctor thinks my meniscus is tore. My leg locks and I can't bend it.
What as the outcome of your situation?