Orthopedics Community
ACL/ meniscus repair. concerned over oain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hello I got operated for my acl and meniscus repair on January 6th 2014 and everything went super well. now 2 weeks post operation I was doing a few ROM exercises and I felt a popping/clicking right on my knee cap. now im freaking out that I might have ruined the whole operation or something. and I also have some pain on my other part of my right knee. it seems the pain is coming from my meniscus area or something. can somebody help me please as im loosing my head. im 22 years old boy. thank you so much
Hi!
It is difficult to comment on net what exactly happened while you were doing the ROM exercises. Yes, it is possible to cause injury to the repair. On the other hand it may be a minor muscle pull. Please inform your doctor and physiotherapist immediately. Do not do any exercise that causes pain and give rest to the knee until your doctor advises you regarding what needs to be done.  Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.