Orthopedics Community
ACL Reconstruction 6 months later

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

ACL Reconstruction 6 months later

I had ACL reconstruction in January of 2009 on my left knee. I went through therapy and everything seemed to be doing well or so I thought but I have swelling around the knee down to the ankle and it feels like something is jammed up in under my kneecap. I still can not kneel on the knee or run and going up more than 2 flights of stairs is torture. Every now and again I get a sharp pain on the left side (outside) of my knee that almost feels like a small bone snapping and I get pain under the kneecap. I just had an MRI done again and it showed fluid around the knee and swelling but it was kind of left at that. I was told to give it another month but that month has almost gone by and I feel worse every day.Any suggestions as to what may be causing this or is this normal? I actually felt better than I do right now the day after I had surgery done.