Orthopedics Community
ACL Reconstruction-Too good to be true?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ACL Reconstruction-Too good to be true?

I had my ACL replaced for the second time using an allograft 72 hours ago. I am 2 years post injury before the surgery. Within 48 hours I was completely off crutches and I feel out of this world. I am up to 65 degrees on the CPM machine already (feel I can go even higher but I don't wanna push it too much). The only pain I feel is the bandage on my incisions. There is MINIMAL achyness at times but other than that I feel like a King! How the heck do I feel this good? The first surgery I broke a bone in my knee along with the ACL tear so I was in a cast for 2 months and didn't go through your standard ACL post op and recovery like I am now. Doing all this reading on the internet and hearing these horror stories about people's ACL recoveries has be thinking, is this too good to be true? Should I feel this well already? Besides your general tenderness because you just had an operation, it's like nothing happened. Granted, I'm not doing jumping jacks and what have you but I have no pain and to be walking with no crutches at all after just 2 days baffles me! I hope it's just a good story about a GREAT doctor and feel good patient. Has anyone else out there felt this good post ACL surgery? Please tell me! I'm estatic!